Four Phases. The FAW has worked with Welsh Government and Sport Wales to develop a four phase roadmap for the return of football in Wales. FAW will ensure the phased return is under continuous review and will advise when we can progess to phase 4.
- ALL players will be asked to sanitise their hands prior to and after each training session
- Strictly no handling of the ball during a training session (apart from GK wearing Gloves)
- No Throw-Ins (Pass-ins are encouraged here, as part of the new FAW Regulations)
- No hand contact (fist bumps, handshakes etc)
- No spitting!
- ONLY Coaches / Players / First Aiders and COVID-19 Compliance Officers permitted in a training session (No Parents can assist with the set-up or put-away of the session).
- Parents SHOULD NOT remain at training, instead are encouraged to drop and go. If they are to remain, they must be well-away from the session.
- Players must arrive in their training kit and with their own labelled equipment (water bottle etc)
- Goalkeepers, or any player acting as a GK within the session, must wear their own Goalkeeping gloves
- Have symptoms of COVID-19
- Have had a positive test for COVID-19 or onset of symptoms in the last 10 days (individuals who have completed their period of isolation (10 days) and have no remaining symptoms (other than a dry cough) may return to training
- Have a household member who has symptoms or has tested positive within the last 14 days
- Have returned from a country outside of the UK that is on the exempt list